Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Hells Angels founder Sonny Barger has died

Barger dead at 83 – Hells Angels founder dies following cancer battle after helping start famous biker club

Barger dead at 83 – Hells Angels founder dies following cancer battle after helping start famous biker club

On June 29, the biker from California passed away while his wife Zorana and other members of his family were present with him.

On his Facebook profile, there was a post that stated, “If you are reading this message, you will know that I’m gone. I have requested that this message be shared as soon as possible following my passing.

I’ve lived a long and good life filled with adventure. And I’ve had the privilege to be part of an amazing club.

Although I’ve had a public persona for decades, i’ve mostly enjoyed special time with my club brothers, my family, and close friends.

Please know that I passed peacefully after a brief battle with cancer.

But also know that in the end, I was surrounded by what really matters: My wife, Zorana, as well as my loved ones.

Keep your head up high, stay loyal, remain free, and always value honor. Sonny, HAMCO.

The most notable accomplishment of Barger’s career was his founding of the Oakland Hells Angels, for which he is frequently given credit, and his role in expanding the gang into an international organization.

In April, the organization celebrated its 65th year in existence.

Barger disclosed in his memoirs that the Marlon Brando-starring crime film The Wild One from 1953 served as a significant source of motivation for him.

In 1972, he and three other individuals were cleared of charges related to the murder of a Texas drug dealer and the arson of a residence.

After being found guilty of possessing narcotics and a handgun while already being a convicted criminal in 1973, Barger was given a prison term ranging from ten years to life for his crimes.

According to an article in The Santa Cruz Sentinel, he had served four and a half years of his sentence when he was granted parole in November of 1977.

Years later, the biker received the news that he had cancer and underwent surgery to remove his vocal cords.

You May Also Like