Connect with us


Mary Anderson died of a gunshot wound to the head, Ruled her death a homicide

The findings of an autopsy have been made public in the case of a Mary Anderson, age 23, who was discovered dead in the trunk of a car, sparking a widespread search for her exe-boyfriend Matthew Davis.



The findings of an autopsy have been made public in the case of a Mary Anderson, age 23, who was discovered dead in the trunk of a car, sparking a widespread search for her exe-boyfriend Matthew Davis.

According to a statement that the authorities released, they have determined that Mary Anderson died as a result of a gunshot wound to the head and have classified her passing as a homicide. This comes just a few days after Mary Anderson’s former partner, Matthew Davis, 34, was killed in a confrontation with Vermont.

The Vermont State Police is working with other law-enforcement agencies in Massachusetts and New Hampshire to investigate the circumstances surrounding her death, including when and where she was killed and whether she was abducted.

Davis, 34, of Fitchburg, Massachusetts, is considered a person of interest in Anderson’s disappearance and death. Davis died following an officer-involved shooting Tuesday night in West Brattleboro after he ran from investigators seeking to question him, and then lunged at police with a knife.

Anderson’s cellphone was among the evidence that investigators located in the area where Davis ran from police.


After Mary Anderson was reported missing on Saturday night while traveling in New Hampshire in a dark blue vehicle, police began searching for her former boyfriend, Matthew Davis, 34, and attempting to make contact with him.


According to a statement from the Vermont State Police and the Brattleboro Police Department, “a person of interest who was being sought in connection with the mysterious death of a missing Massachusetts woman was located Tuesday night while wandering in West Battleboro.

At before 7:45 p.m., police shot the man during an attempt to communicate with him; he has now been declared dead.

All of the details surrounding what happened, including which cops fired their firearms, are being investigated as this situation develops.

While the deceased man’s next of kin are notified, his name will be withheld.

Mary’s body was discovered in the back of a vehicle at 12.55am on Tuesday.


Vermont State Police said a corpse found in a vehicle near Brattleboro, Vermont, on Tuesday has been tentatively identified as that of a woman reported missing from Harvard, Massachusetts.

Mary Anderson, age 23, was spotted in the area of Hudson, New Hampshire, about 10:30 p.m. the night before she went missing. Saturday while operating a navy blue 2017 Toyota Tacoma bearing the license plate 8DXW20 in the state of Massachusetts.

The body of the woman was discovered in the truck on Elliot Street at 12:55 in the morning, according to the police.

Vermont State Police have stated that they are attempting to contact and speak with Anderson’s ex-boyfriend, Matthew Davis, who is 34 years old and hails from Fitchburg, Massachusetts. They believe that Davis may have information that is pertinent to the case.

Additionally, Davis has ties to the Pittsfield, Massachusetts, region.


Davis is Caucasian, his hair is brown, and his eyes are blue. He stands around 5 feet 6 inches tall.

Anyone who may have information regarding Davis’s whereabouts is encouraged to contact the police department in their own community or the Vermont State Police in Westminster at the number 802-722-4600.

It is anticipated that the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner of Vermont, which is located in Burlington, would conduct an autopsy on Anderson in order to identify the reason and manner of his passing.

In connection with the woman’s disappearance, Massachusetts State Police and state police investigators assigned to the Worcester County District Attorney’s office searched Still River Road in Harvard on Tuesday morning.


Sheila Anderson, the woman’s mother, claimed that her daughter was meant to drive home on Saturday night after spending time with friends in Hudson, New Hampshire. She claimed that because everyone in the family regularly shared where they were, when her daughter failed to return home on Saturday night, she immediately suspected the worst.

“This is not how my daughter acts. She has vanished. As a 23-year-old, she didn’t declare, “Hey, I’m leaving my life and my family.” This is not what is taking place. I’m hoping Mary will return because she’s gone missing,” she remarked.

Anderson’s family told the police that she was missing Sunday night.


Top Stories