Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?


Two dead, 2 injured in shooting at Henderson, Kentucky homeless shelter, Suspect arrested

White Toyota Prius unknown direction of travel. Suspect in a mass shooting at the Harbor House in Henderson. At least 1 dead and others injured. Suspect considered armed and dangerous.

A man has been arrested in connection with a shooting that took place at a homeless shelter for men in western Kentucky. According to the authorities, the shooting resulted in the deaths of two persons and the wounding of two more.

At 2155 hours, the Henderson Police Department located Kenneth Gibbs and has taken him into custody.

Gibbs was found after the shooting thanks to information provided by a member of the public, and he was brought into custody without a struggle just before 10 p.m., Henderson Police Chief Sean McKinney stated during a news conference on Friday. Gibbs was found to be armed when he was discovered, and witnesses inside the shelter were able to positively identify him as the shooter.

Kenneth R. Gibbs, who resides in Henderson, was named as the suspect by the Henderson police department. The last time anyone saw him, he was operating a white Toyota Prius.

According to McKinney, the injured guys spent another day in the hospital on Friday but were in stable condition.

A medical examiner has been dispatched to the location, and thirteen locals have been forced to vacate their homes and taken to a nearby hotel. There have been a significant number of patients admitted.

According to O’Nan, Gibbs and the victims were both people who had been staying at the shelter. The police have not disclosed a possible motive for the shooting, nor have they disclosed the identities of the victims. According to the authorities, Steven Wathen, age 67, and Chad Holmes, age 44, were both dead.

Both Alvasia Street and Clay Street are currently inaccessible due to authorities’ actions.

A shooting at 800 Clay St, Harbor House with multiple shooting victims. Suspect is a 39y/o 5’8″ white male driving a white Toyota Prius license plate ending in T437.

According to the Henderson Police Department (HPD), officers have arrived at the Harbor House in response to a report of a shooter who is still at large. According to the police, the incident has been brought under control, and many persons have been hurt.

The Henderson Police Department has named Kenneth R. Gibbs as the person they believe to be responsible for the crime. The police report that the last time they saw him, he was operating a white Prius. If found, the HPD requests that you do not approach the subject and immediately dial 911.

This facility provides men who are in need of lodging, meals, and support in obtaining work with all three of those need.

According to Pruitt, Harbor House has been operating from the year 1989. He acknowledged that I had been a benefit to the community, but he said that “tonight puts a scar on it.”

More to follow…

You May Also Like


Kentucky State Police Investigate Perry County Murder


The McCracken County Sheriff's Office reported that one person has died and the suspect has been apprehended.


Both directions of Clark Memorial Bridge closed